Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A blast from the past....Cabbage Patch Kids!





For Christmas from Aunt Kate - Mackenzie received a Cabbage Patch Kid baby named "Mackenzie Hazel". It was a surreal blast from the past taking it out of the package and smelling the unmistakable baby powder CPK smell! Thus far - our Mackenzie has shown little interest in Mackenzie Hazel - but she does like to play with one of my old Cabbage Patch dolls (that I retrieved from my parents basement for her). It makes me smile to see my baby carrying around one of my former babies and remembering how I used to love and play with that doll too! However, I was disappointed to see how "well loved" my Cabbage Patch Kids look...they are not the fabulous babies they once were...they look more like something you would find at Goodwill! But I am still glad to have them to pass on to Mackenzie.

No comments: