Monday, May 17, 2010

a story with no pictures

So anyone who knows me knows that I am a huge news junkie and make sure I always watch the morning and late night news to stay in the know, but especially for the weather. So I was not surprised when Mackenzie started to show interest in watching the weather. However, it has come to light that her interest is not from a meteorology standpoint. She has a crush on the morning metereologist. This goes so far as me being "shh'ed" by her because she "just HAS to see this" when his weather report is on. And I will give her credit - he is a nice looking individual, as I have been informed he is QUITE popular with the female viewers in the area. So fast forward a week or so, and Mackenzie ends up at the news station with her daddy and guess who is working......from what I have been told, it was fate and love at first sight. "Oh Daddy - look over there, it is MY weather man" as she is waving at him. He eventually came over and from all reports, Mackenzie was 100% UN-SHY with him - introducing herself, telling him she watches him alot, how old she is, etc and then inviting him to come to her upcoming dance recital. Yes, our 3 year old asked the local meterologist out on a date. Sadly, due to the impromptu nature of this budding romance - no pictures were taken of the young couple. However, you can ask Mackenzie and she will tell you all about "her weather man".

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Awww...her first crush! Which weather guy is it? I think I used to work at KCCI with a couple of the guys who now are in the QCA doing weather.

Cara/Sarah said...

http://www.kwqc.com/Global/story.asp?S=10432508&nav=menu83_5_17