Monday, September 8, 2008

Mommy's post....

So I/Cara/Mommy spent the past weekend in jail...
Ha ha - not what you are thinking!! Instead, Vicki & I traveled to Aledo IL to be locked in for 3 days and 2 nights of scrapbooking, fun and games. This is our 2nd year participating and it is such a good time, along with being productive. Click here to check out the bnb where it is held....staying there always reminds me of my days in the sorority house. But most exciting - I won a page design challenge!!!! Which Vicki can atest to, it is no easy feat - as the challenges are quite challenging. So I am quite pleased with myself.....in fact, you could call me an award winning scrapbooker!! :)

With that said, I wanted to brag a bit and show off the goodness that I created (never mind the pics are over/almost over a year old!). Jamey walked by as I was taking pictures of the pages and just rolled his eyes. But I know fellow scrapbookers, including my mentor KB, read this - and this way - they get to see the pages b/c who knows when the entire album will be done and put together!?!?!
So THE big winner was this layout, as the theme was birthdays. Due to the glare on the protector - it is hard to see the woven ribbon border, along with some of the different fonts.


Personally, I did think that this one was a winner as well - for the use two different types of flowers challenge. I did get tons of compliments on it, but it wasn't selected as the winner. So does that make it an honorable mention???! FYI - the only thing not floral on the page are the ribbon and paper for the tag, and bumblebee stickers (but bees like flowers for pollen!)

I am quite thrilled with how they both came out, especially since I didn't have any ideas of how I wanted them to look and I did incorporate alot of new techniques when putting them together. And contest or not, I always enjoy scrapbooking...further proof of my transition into little Jane.

No comments: