Saturday, July 26, 2008

Random-ness

First - thanks to the monkeys for the award!! I am touched and honored and hope you remember your inspriation and motivation when you are rolling nekkid in your millions for a book deal!! :) I will post the award soon, just to lazy this week to do much. Guess I am still coming down from the benefit. And the big wedding this weekend, and house cleaning....Ahhh, summer - where has the vacation gone???

Anyway - the randomness....so we are cleaning the house for appraisal. Fun times. Tonight, we decided to move our bed out to clean underneath it. WHOA! I think there was enough fur to make up a third pet underneath. And we also discovered where Mackenzie likes to hide things. 3 different shoes - all different, but one shoe of the set. And an additional pair of shoes WITH THE TAGS still on, that she had run away with and lost before she ever wore!!! Guess those can be added to the garage sale/vintage baby pile. And just yesterday at the our Children's Museum date with friends, Ann was commenting on how well dressed Mackenzie is and how sad she was that her newborn son wouldn't be able to enjoy Mackenzie's hand-me-downs, to which Val (with newborn Ava) smiled! :) Also funny, Mackenzie now calls my good friend Vicki "icki", which of course cracks me up!! "Icki's" 4 year old Caleb also calls "Pa-Kenzie's" pig tails her "horns", which I enjoy too! And some days, I do think she may very well need a set of horns with some of the mischief she gets into! But back to more goodies under the bed - 5 sippy cups, unfortunatly some had some milky remnants that had become a science experiment of sorts...and went right into the garbage. I kept thinking I was crazy b/c it seems I am always buying more sippy cups, but then we never have enough. Well no wonder, when she stashes them places. One of her favorite pink fleecy blankies. Lots of random cat toys (it was the cat's original hideout and still preferred hiding spot). 2 of Mackenzie's books. and my personal favorite....a bar of half used soap!! Awhile ago, she got a tubtime Elmo doll that she LOVES to wash in the bath. And awhile ago, she took a shower with Daddy and Elmo - and they used the soap to wash Elmo together. And when I showered later, I realized the soap had gone missing....we looked and looked and couldn't locate it anywhere, so we figured maybe she had thrown it away. But nope, it was in her stash. As for tubtime Elmo, ironically - I had just snuck him out to the garbage this afternoon as he seems to attract fruit flies, and no matter what we have tried - he has always got a few swarming around him. So he is going to a better place (the local landfill) to breed and host all the fruit flies he would like.

No comments: