Sunday, November 4, 2007

lots of love 0 warm and fuzzy kind







This weekend, we had a small baby shower for our very close family friend - Sarah to help prepare to welcome her new little boy, Parker. Mackenzie was happy to be included and enjoyed her time playing with her aunts and grandmas, along with the very fun balloons. The highlight of the party for Mackenzie had to be her first taste of a chocolate cupcake - she loved it so much it required a wardrobe change afterwards!! And when I was picking her up from Grandma's after cleaning up the party - I let her sit in the front seat while I packed the car and retrieved her car seat. Obviously, the front seat was a hit - as she immediately was pretending to drive the car! I am still a bit baffled as to how she knows how to drive the car - since she can't see us doing it to mimic in her rear-facing car seat! Either way though - it was cute and funny! Also - please note her fuzzy pastel sweater she is wearing over her jumper - that was a gift knitted by some of my students' in the school knitting club!! I was glad she got to wear it to such an important and special occasion for us as well. Obviously, the sweater is incredibly meaningful and special to me - I almost cried when they gave it to me last year. You can be sure that is going right into the hope chest as soon as she outgrows it! (which as evidenced by her driving skills - may be sooner rather then later!)

No comments: